Tuesday 5 May 2015

Lawn Bowls - Tuesday 5th May 2015

Our day started with a trip to the Ellerslie Bowling Club.
Matua Dudley drove us to the venue, the ride was smooth. 
Mr Dawson's dad greeted us as we got there and introduced us all to the expert bowlers from the club. He explained to us that we needed to take our shoes off when we were on the green because the grass was very old and fragile, the lawn had been there since 1910!!
We were in groups of four and assigned to an expert. The leaders showed us how to bowl the ball correctly so that we didn't damage the lawn and also so that we could hit the target. 
Some of us picked it up really quickly and connected with the target, which is a little white ball at the other end of the lawn, while the rest of us struggled. Some of us were too strong and the ball ended up going off the green, every bowl, which is not ideal. 

We were very lucky to have this experience and look forward to playing lawn bowls again in the future.  Thanks Mr Dawson for organizing such an awesome trip. 

"I thought it was fun because I learnt a new sport that I originally thought was just for old people".
Angel


"At first I thought I thought I was going to hate the trip, but once I got playing I really enjoyed it".
Mac 

"I really enjoyed it because we don't have lawn bowls in Cambodia, so it was a new experience for me." 
Jenny 

2 comments:

  1. it was fantasticly fun and i was told i did awsome
    Anna Rm10

    ReplyDelete
  2. THE BEST DAY FROM ASARA

    ReplyDelete